Is your museum f***ing awesome?
Are you a leader in the museum industry?
Or maybe you have a ton of ideas on what museums are doing well and where they could improve in 2017.
Museum Hack wants to be home to a variety of voices and ideas in the museum world. We can’t do that without your help.
Tell us what you think about museums in a thought leadership article and we may feature your writing on the Museum Hack website!! If we love your work, we’d like to talk to you about hiring you to continue writing for us. More details below.
The winner of each category will have their article and byline featured on museumhack.com/blog and promoted on our social media channels. We will also send each winner two tickets to the Museum Hack tour of their choice!
Plus if you are…
Top 3 Overall
The three overall best submissions (based on writing clarity, creativity, and reader engagement) will be prominently featured in our museum professional’s newsletter. Plus we will send you a Museums Are F***ing Awesome hoodie!
Museum Hack Staff Favorite
Our staff will vote on their favorite submission! The top submission in this category will receive a 1 hour, personalized storytelling training session with us via phone or Skype.
From the top 10 qualifying submissions, we will poll the Museum Hack audience to choose their favorite. The top THREE spots win a Museums Are F***ing Awesome t-shirt!
Most Unique Submission
We challenge you to experiment with new writing styles and on all sorts of topics. The Most Unique Submission, as determined by our Content Manager, will receive a mystery prize (it’s not a high five!).
- Your piece should focus on a topic that’s important to the museum community, but ultimately, what to write about is up to you.
- Each piece should be at least 1,000 words with at least three accompanying images or graphics.
- We are looking for clear, impactful writing with a creative flare.
- The submission should be published on your own blog, and include a link to https://museumhack.com/writing-contest/ (this page). Please notify us when you post an article. Email: [email protected]
- No blog? No problem! Please post your submission to medium.com and email the link to [email protected]
- The contest is open for submissions from January 21st, 2017 through 11:59pm EST on March 20, 2017.
- You may submit as many articles for consideration as you like.