What IS it?
Musée Mécanique translates to “Mechanical Museum.” What you’ll find inside is an antique arcade wonderland nestled in the heart of Fisherman’s Wharf. The Musée holds one of the world’s largest privately owned collections of old arcade games and coin-operated player pianos and mechanical models – all lovingly kept in their original working condition. Some of them date back to the 1800s!
Most collectors would keep these rare antiques under lock and key, but here they are all available for the public to play.
That’s right – instead of admiring them from behind glass, you can get all up in their business. This is the only hands-on museum in the nation that Museum Hack leads tours in – it’s a rare treat in a Museum space.
What do we do there on a tour?
The entire collection of over 200 vintage arcade machines was lovingly collected and curated by a local San Francisco character.
With a Museum Hack guide as your emissary, you’ll hear his story, learn a bit about what it takes behind the scenes to keep all of the machines running, and then get a chance to try some out yourself.
Every Museum Hack Musée Mécanique team building tour includes:
- A fun, fast-paced scavenger hunt to find the choicest pieces in the arcade
- Several mini-hacks of specific machines so that you can understand the context of the time, and why their new-fangled technology was considered hot shit when it premiered
- A free period to explore on your own. Want to get your fortune told half a dozen times? Go for it. Feel the need to squish many pennies? We’ve got you. Rather spend all your time kicking ass in Mortal Kombat? That’s fine too. We’ll make sure to give you the opportunity to scratch that itch, whatever it is.
- A friendly team competition culminating in a grand finale round to crown an ultimate champion of the arcade space.
- Enough nerdery about the history of this phenomenon that you’ll be able to bring your friends and family back to visit with all the smarty-pants knowledge you’ll need to knock their socks off. Then you can go play an arcade game about socks. Nah, just kidding about that last part. But there ARE a lot of games that feature all kinds of bizarre topics beyond your wildest imagination.
What’s the appeal?
If you book a team building tour with Museum Hack at Musée Mécanique, we guarantee you a unique, exciting experience that will blow bowling or another happy hour out of the water.
You’ll leave this tour with a new appreciation for the best-hidden gem in Fisherman’s Wharf, as well as an insight into your colleagues’ skee ball skills. You’ll be able to practice creative problem solving and collaboration while racing the clock to explore all of the nooks and crannies of this space.
No need to raid the piggy bank – we’ll even cover the quarters for all the gameplay your heart could desire.
Burning, yearning questions we’ll help you answer:
What does a belly dancer do on her day off?
Are you stronger than a luchador arm wrestler?
What should your next job be? Taxi Dancer? Elevator Operator?
Who was “The Fox,” and why was he an instant celebrity?
Who’s idea was it to first squish pennies into souvenirs?
Where can you see the world’s only working steam-powered motorcycle?
What’s the game that’s so offensive it has to have a warning label?
Why did the name for PacMan have to be changed for American audiences?
Want more information on a team building tour in SF at the Musee? Send us an email for more details!
Share this article... your friends will love it too ❤️