Get to know the #MuseumHack team! We’re featuring our staff weekly in video intros (above) and short interviews (below). This week, say hello to our AMNH Tour Guide, Zak M, and learn about his dino socks:
- Which museum do you give tours at?
American Museum of Natural History (AMNH)
- Why did you apply to work with Museum Hack?
I actually applied to be a Met Tour guide originally, but was quickly recruited to the way cooler AMNH team. The second I heard it would involve running around with a bunch of animals and dinosaurs, I was in!
- Tell us about one of your favorite Museum Hack experiences.
While scheduling a private tour with a man from Texas on vacation with his family, he mentioned that his wife would probably not be joining us. She just wasn’t into museums. I was pleasantly surprised when they all arrived on the morning of the tour! But to hear that she had so much fun on their tour of the Met the day before that she wanted to explore AMNH with me, was definitely a highlight of my time at Museum Hack!
- What’s a fun fact that most people don’t know about you?
My sister, my cousins and I successfully filmed 3 Harry Potter movies when we were younger. However, we broke up during the 4th film due to creative differences.
- If you had to be trapped in the Museum overnight, what would you do?
Not going to lie, I would probably climb all over the elephants, both Asian and African, followed by a quick check of the museum vaults. I hear they have one of the last Tasmanian tigers!
- What is your favorite article of clothing?
It’s a tie between my comfiest flannel I’m wearing right now and my dino socks!
- If you could work at any other museum, which one would you choose?
Do aquariums count?! If so, either the Monterey Bay Aquarium or Valencia’s Aquarium.
To read more of our Museum Hack staff interviews, click here.