Get to know our Museum Hackers! This week we’re featuring Bay Area-native Nora B. Learn more about Nora’s biggest fears and love for museums in the interview below, and the short video above.
- Which museum do you give tours at?
The Metropolitan Museum of Art!
- Why did you apply to work with Museum Hack?
I applied because [Museum Hack Guide] Jen O. is my spirit animal. I took one of her tours at the Met and realized this was what I had always tried to do in my museum work and with my friends; now I could reach a wider audience!
- Tell us about one of your favorite Museum Hack experiences.
I had a middle-aged midwestern man enter the Modern and Contemporary Galleries at the Met saying “My child could do this!” …and leave saying he could see himself buying a Joel Schapiro sculpture. Much win.
- What’s a fun fact that most people don’t know about you?
I have taken all the languages! Just kidding; I have taken Spanish, Japanese, Greek, Italian, and Chinese.
- If you had to be trapped in the Museum overnight, what would you do?
I would do everything I could to avoid the three items in the collection which the guards have told me are haunted. I am truly and deeply afraid of the dark.
- What is your favorite article of clothing?
I rotate through a series of cool t-shirts my brother gets me from museums around the world.
- If you could work at any other museum, which one would you choose?
The Neue Galerie! It has coolest works of German Secessionist and Expressionist art, an amazing building, and an authentic Viennese cafe that sells kaffee mit schlag!
To read more of our Museum Hack staff interviews, click here.
Want Awesome Stuff From Museum Hack?
Join our email list and we will send you our best content, freebie offers, exclusive access to beta tours and more.