Get to know the Museum Hack team! Today we’re catching up with Mark K., our very own residential theater expert. Click to see the short intro above, or check out the interview after the jump.
- Which museum do you give tours at?
I creative consult for the VIP nighttime tours at the Met, but I just went on the AMNH tour recently and LOVED nerding out about dinosaurs & taxidermy.
- Why did you apply to work with Museum Hack?
No one is really doing anything quite like these nighttime tours. As an experimental theatre artist, it’s exciting to explore such new terrain in storytelling and performance.
- What’s a fun fact that most people don’t know about you?
I grew up speaking French at school and English at home in Nova Scotia, Canada. When I moved to California in the sixth grade, I tested into remedial math because it was an oral test and I couldn’t explain to the counselor how to add fractions in English— I’d only known how to talk about it in French!
- If you had to be trapped in the Museum overnight, what would you do?
I’d want to be trapped at AMNH so I could hang out with and touch all the animals, but if I was at the Met I’d endeavour to sit on all the chairs I wasn’t allowed to sit on.
- What is your favorite article of clothing?
My new seersucker suit jacket.
- If you could work at any other museum, which one would you choose?
The National Gallery of Canada in Ottawa, which has my favourite painter, A. Y. Jackson. There’s also a giant spider creeping out front which is begging to be Museum Hacked.
To read more of our Museum Hack staff interviews, click here.