Hailing from the great Midwest, Ethan A. is our featured guide of the week! Check out the video intro above, or scroll down for the short interview.
- Which museum do you give tours at?
I give tours at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the best f***ing museum on earth.
- Why did you apply to work with Museum Hack?
I think the stuffy, old-fashioned idea of how you hang out in a museum needs to go the way of the Dodo, and Museum Hack is making that happen. Plus, watching people’s minds explode with awesomeness is pretty good too.
- Tell us about one of your favorite Museum Hack experiences.
I gave a private tour to engineers, and asked them to decide whether Manet or Monet was a bigger badass. Within 5 minutes, members of the team had produced a highly-detailed, well-researched teardown of Monet’s work. I nearly cried.
- What’s a fun fact that most people don’t know about you?
When I met Hugh Jackman, I was dressed as a 7-foot tall penguin.
- If you had to be trapped in the Museum overnight, what would you do?
First: Dance party in the Temple of Dendur, followed by a staring contest with William the Hippo (he’s going down!) Second: Chill with the flirting statues in Petrie Court to see if they come to life. Third: Catnap on Robert Lehman’s couch. Fourth: Yoga in Astor Court while the sun rises.
- What is your favorite article of clothing?
My bow tie, also known as the #hacktie. Follow its adventures on Twitter.
- If you could work at any other museum, which one would you choose?
The Walker Arts Center in Minneapolis, MN (my hometown!) Besides the fact that I really want to slide down the Spoonbridge with Cherry, it’s an incredibly cool museum that is BEGGING to be hacked.
To read more of our Museum Hack staff interviews, click here.