👋 Hi, Museum Hack is hiring a Sales Director to join our awesome team.
But this isn't like other job searches...
We want to get to know you, and then figure out if we may be a great fit for working together - savvy?
First thing, what's your name?
Hi, ! 😊
Here's what's up…
We are an NYC based company with 50+ team members - everyone works remotely.
And we want your help to keep transforming museum experiences around the world...
We know that the best candidates care about:
- Doing enjoyable work
- That actually matters
- With cool people
- In a stable role
- Where you are paid well
Does that sound right?
If you don't really care about work culture or are just in this to make money, then we probably aren't a good fit. Try Wall Street.
However, if = "cool to collaborate with and likes to get paid to work on meaningful stuff", then here's why working with us could be a perfect fit for you.
What we can offer you...
Unlimited high-fives! And also:
Doing Enjoyable Work 🎉
You make your own schedule and in many cases can choose your own projects. We trust you to do great work, and we love making it fun. This job post is fun… kind of, I mean it's still a job post.
That Actually Matters ✊
Your work will directly support The Grand Mission: to help reimagine the adult museum experience around the world. We are already working with many of the greatest museums and companies to spread the good word: Museums Are F***ing Awesome! You will be part of that!
With Cool People 😎
Your colleagues are cool, even the CEO. We meetup for frisbee chats at the park, and have a Mr. Rogers channel for getting to know your remote-work neighbours. We try to give individual recognition for all the “small wins” that happen throughout the day; the kind of stuff that gets overlooked at giant companies and my entire childhood.
In a Stable Role 💼
You have the opportunity to grow with us. Many of our folks started as contractors or part time and now work in full-time roles or other promotions. This isn't easy - we give ultra direct feedback on your performance, good or bad, and you will always have a fair chance to keep progressing.
Where You Are Paid Well 💰
Okay, real talk on money - we aren't Google and we can't pay you $150,000 per year or do all your laundry. We can promise: fair compensation for your skill and experience, including a competitive salary and a range of benefits. For full-time employees, we have health insurance, plus fancy perks like massage and house cleaning credits. Museum Hack is a meritocracy and you will have the opportunity to create value and grow in your career, including pay raises, because $$$$ pays the bills.
"That was a lot of text" - 📖
Here are some quick videos from your potential new
And here are some media features & mentions about Museum Hack. #KindOfFamous #NotAsBigAsHamilton
- Chicago Tribune: One museum tour, with extra sex and violence
- Bloomberg: Here's How Museums Are Inventively Embracing PokémonGo Swarms
- The New York Times: In New York, Art Tours Uptown, Downtown and Beyond
- The Washington Post: Skip the wrapping paper. A memorable experience is a much better gift
- TED: How I learned to stop hating and love museums
Here is the Job Description!
This position is remote. You can work from anywhere as long as you’re available on East Coast business hours, have a reliable working location and internet connection (not digital nomad), and authorized to work in the USA or Canada.
- Work closely with our CEO and CMO to develop sales strategy, establish and reach ambitious sales goals.
- Strategies to include capturing repeat business, overseeing multiple brands, developing recurring revenue streams, + overall growing sales.
- Design + test pricing structure for new products to maximize sales close rate and profit.
- Track and report sales numbers and performance in CRM (Zendesk Sell).
- Oversee client advisors within the Sales Department.
- Oversee recruitment, training and performance of client advisors.
- Create a strong and positive sales culture. Teamwork, empathy, and customer service are important to us in addition to strong results.
- Improve close rates and average deal sizes.
- Rally team to hit and exceed sales goals.
- Recognize and remove any sales roadblocks.
- Operate as part of the Senior Management team within Museum Hack where you’ll work closely with marketing and operations to ensure alignment of initiatives.
- Love Museum Hack and how it transforms people into healthier, happier humans obsessed with these great cultural institutions.
- Experience in B2B and enterprise sales (not a fit for retail sales managers).
- Managing a team of 5+ sales reps including quarterly reviews, performance evaluations, hiring, training and firing.
- Responsible for more than $1 million annual sales revenue and hit those goals.
- Working remotely.
- Proficiency working with technology. We use Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail, Slack, and many other web-based tools.
- You want to help Museum Hack become the most successful cultural experience and team building company in the world.
- Authorized to work in the US.
- This position is remote. You must have regular and reliable access to high speed internet and work location. This job is not for digital nomads.
- You must have your own personal computer (with web camera for video calls) and phone.
- $80,000 Annual Salary
- Performance Bonus
- Competitive benefits package (health insurance, PTO, monthly massage credit)