👋 Hi, Museum Hack is hiring a Part-Time Customer Service Rep to join our awesome team.
But this isn't like other job searches...
We want to get to know you, and then figure out if we may be a great fit for working together - savvy?
First thing, what's your name?
Hi, ! 😊
Here's what's up…
We are an NYC based company with 50+ team members - everyone works remotely.
And we want your help to keep transforming museum experiences around the world...
We know that the best candidates care about:
- Doing enjoyable work
- That actually matters
- With cool people
- In a stable role
- Where you are paid well
Does that sound right?
If you don't really care about work culture or are just in this to make money, then we probably aren't a good fit. Try Wall Street.
However, if = "cool to collaborate with and likes to get paid to work on meaningful stuff", then here's why working with us could be a perfect fit for you.
What we can offer you...
Unlimited high-fives! And also:
Doing Enjoyable Work 🎉
You make your own schedule and in many cases can choose your own projects. We trust you to do great work, and we love making it fun. This job post is fun… kind of, I mean it's still a job post.
That Actually Matters ✊
Your work will directly support The Grand Mission: to help reimagine the adult museum experience around the world. We are already working with many of the greatest museums and companies to spread the good word: Museums Are F***ing Awesome! You will be part of that!
With Cool People 😎
Your colleagues are cool, even the CEO. We meetup for frisbee chats at the park, and have a Mr. Rogers channel for getting to know your remote-work neighbours. We try to give individual recognition for all the “small wins” that happen throughout the day; the kind of stuff that gets overlooked at giant companies and my entire childhood.
In a Stable Role 💼
You have the opportunity to grow with us. Many of our folks started as contractors or part time and now work in full-time roles or other promotions. This isn't easy - we give ultra direct feedback on your performance, good or bad, and you will always have a fair chance to keep progressing.
Where You Are Paid Well 💰
Okay, real talk on money - we aren't Google and we can't pay you $150,000 per year or do all your laundry. We can promise: fair compensation for your skill and experience, including a competitive salary and a range of benefits. For full-time employees, we have health insurance, plus fancy perks like massage and house cleaning credits. Museum Hack is a meritocracy and you will have the opportunity to create value and grow in your career, including pay raises, because $$$$ pays the bills.
"That was a lot of text" - 📖
Here are some quick videos from your potential new
And here are some media features & mentions about Museum Hack. #KindOfFamous #NotAsBigAsHamilton
- Chicago Tribune: One museum tour, with extra sex and violence
- Bloomberg: Here's How Museums Are Inventively Embracing PokémonGo Swarms
- The New York Times: In New York, Art Tours Uptown, Downtown and Beyond
- The Washington Post: Skip the wrapping paper. A memorable experience is a much better gift
- TED: How I learned to stop hating and love museums
Here is the Job Description!
This is a part-time remote position; you can work from anywhere in the US if you’re available on East Coast hours.
- Do you have experience working from home?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- What about booking travel and planning schedules?
- Are you detail and process oriented?
Museum Hack wants your help!
- Use our help desk software to respond to clients via email (and sometimes phone and / or text) to answer questions regarding bookings, invoices, etc.
- Manage difficult situations / unhappy customers and escalate when necessary
- Other customer service / admin duties as assigned
- Use our software to send invoices to clients
- Input and manage events in Google Calendar
- Ensure accurate and timely scheduling across multiple cities for our public tours and send out official tour confirmations (OTCs) to clients
- Schedule shifts in a way that fits the needs of the guests, guides, and optimizes labor costs
- Assist in booking special guests (ex. photographers, musicians, magicians, etc) for tours as needed
- Assist in booking flights, hotel stay, and other transportation arrangements for staff as needed
- Various tasks as assigned
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous scheduling and travel booking experience
- Previous experience working remotely
- Flexibility to work Eastern USA time zone business hours
- Monday & Friday: 3pm-6pm ET (with the option to stay later if workload calls for it)
- Saturday & Sunday: 9:30am-12pm ET & 4pm-5pm ET
- Must have nearly perfect written English skills and awesome spoken English skills
- Quick learner
- Detail and process oriented
- High quality work: You are an efficient individual who makes projects happen behind the scenes with a fine eye for details (in short: you get shit done right!)
- Technically inclined, able to pick up new things quickly: we use a lot of web-based services (including, but not limited to: Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, Xero, PandaDoc, Base CRM)
- Flexibility quotient high: Things can and do change on a dime around here — you gotta go with the flow and be ready to kick it into high gear at a moment’s notice
- Be fun and exciting without using too many exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!
- Must have reliable access to fast Wifi and use of a personal computer
- Authorized to work in the US
Hours / Pay
- Estimated 10-15 hours per week
- You should be available to work a flexible amount of hours in the Eastern Time Zone (UTC-05:00)
- Monday: 10am-2pm ET (with the option to stay later if workload calls for it)
- Tuesday – Friday: 10am-12pm ET (with the option to stay later if workload calls for it)
- $14 to $16 per hour, DOE